Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Phase 2!!!

Greetings True Readers!!! (see what I did there? It's a play on words for comic geeks! lol)

With the entire first act of In the Case of Mathematics vs. Gods, Religions and Other Worldly Philosophies published on the blog its time to take the next step. As more people have become semi-familiarized with the story, I've noticed a common topic of discussion when I'm around people has been my personal theology. Personally, I felt the story did a decent job of explaining my views, but apparently I have been mistaken because everyone from friends, family and casual acquittances have asked me about this. Before, you exit out of here and run away afraid I am trying to push my personal philosophies, I ask you to wait; that is not my intentions by starting this blog; I will do a post sometime in the near future discussing this topic to appease those whom have expressed curiosity over the matters more recently, but I assure you I do not want it to become the focal point of my little corner of the internet.
If I have thoroughly confused you by now, just ignore the majority of the previous paragraph and listen to my pitch for initiating phase 2 of Story Time by Wilshire. This is the part where the blog either becomes super-duper-fun for the readers, OR it becomes another piece of electronic jetsam, lost in the ever growing flotsam of tripe, littering our wondrous interwebz. What exactly does that allusion mean you may ask? Well it's simple: I don't want this blog to become an outlet for me to whine about the state of the world, attack socioeconomic matters, criticize the self righteous, or overall just be the jaded blathering of youth. I tell stories, and though they may pack the occasional jibe and commentary, I like to think the way I present it doesn't hurt the tale (if you feel it does, why haven't you flamed me in the comment section yet?). With that in mind, I want to hear from you! I've given you five chapters of a story I wanted to tell, now its your turn to shape a story. Confused still? Don't sweat it! I'm not asking people to post any of there works on my site or any thing of the likes; I'm simply asking you to utilize your imagination. Think back to being a child: at some point through the years I'm sure a parent, guardian, teacher or librarian sat you down, maybe with a group of peers, and asked what kind of story you wanted to hear. If not, that's fine, because I am, here and now asking you, to do just that. Give me a setting (era or place); give me a genre (nothing is too taboo); give me a character (basic archetypes; IE, girl, dog, alien, tree); let me tell you the story you want to hear! That's what I'm offering readers; a chance to hear the fable you want to hear every week. Think of it as our time to gather round the proverbial campfire of our computers, shed the facades of the daily grind, and just kick back and be some what entertained. I'm not looking to make a book of this, or steal ideas, I'm simply trying to engage my audience.
So here's the basic plan so far: immediately following this post submissions for our first trial at story time opens up. Simply comment on this post until Sunday, June 12th, 2011 at 11:59pm; tell me what you want to hear and I will make it so by Thursday June 16th! Now keep in mind, this is a simple weekly story time; ergo I do not want to turn this into some episodic adventure of the same story; essentially, each post will be completely independent from its predecessor (so if you don't like a particular yarn; don't fret, because you won't have to deal with it again!).
I have no idea how this is going to turn out, so here's a quick disclaimer to cover my butt: I reserve the rights to use whatever material is submitted, that I choose. Essentially I will do my best to meld together as much as I can, of what you throw at me, but I make no guarantees that I will use everything submitted; but I do guarantee not to troll old threads for ideas (so if you really want me to use something I ignored in the past, don't be afraid to resubmit it!). Also, these are going to be short tales; averaging out to about the same length as any given chapters I've posted (so it shouldn't take you to long to read through).
This is an idea I think we can have a lot of fun with people, but its success hinges on you! As it stands, I've had in the neighborhood of 200+ views to my story; I'm ignorant to how many of those views are repeated people, but given I've only got four followers at this point, I'm gonna go ahead and assume most are. Now here comes the extortion; join the blog! If you've got friends who you think might enjoy this type of thing, refer them and tell them to join! I'm very grateful to my loyalists thus far, but let's face it, this probably won't be very fun for only five of us. Join up and let's play a bit of pretend folks!
Without further adieu, submissions are open!

1 comment: